Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The next several posts (above - blogs sort newest to oldest) should be for my planned attempt at a Missouri Saddle Sore 1000, or 1000 or greater documented miles within 24 hours or less, all within the borders of the state of Missouri. I will be making one large counter-clockwise loop, starting and ending in Sullivan.

To make it interesting, I am doing it on my wife's 2005 250 Ninja, stock except for a slightly larger windshield.

To make it even more interesting, I am attempting to complete the entire loop in daylight, daylight being defined as the beginning of Civil Nautical Twilight (sun 6 degrees below the horizon, known to us civilians as dawn), to the end of Civil Nautical Twilight (dusk). The US Naval observatory tells me that on Wednesday June 21st, the summer solstice, in Sullivan Missouri (my start and end points) that means 5:10 AM until 9:03 PM. or 15 hours and 53 minutes, just about exactly a BBG1500 pace.

So wish me luck and follow along with my audio blogs above. They will be sorted with the most recent entry at the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home